Hello, I am Emylee! I am a full stack web developer with strong PHP skills. I love programming challenging and useful web applications for business and entertainment purposes. I work quickly and efficently while solving tough business-logic problems.
When I'm not head deep into a tech project, I enjoy a lot of other hobbies! I love sewing, crafts, and drawing. I also love to play games - mostly MMOs. I take care of two aquariums and four silly chickens. I also like to spend some time outdoors at the beach or at rivers, and other fun activities to keep active.
Work & Education History
- CityOf.com 2011 - present
- Web Developer using PHP and related technologies
- KIII TV 3 News 2010 - 2011
- Internship, morning news production and video promotion editing for air
- Del Mar College 2008 - 2010
- Associates in Digital Media
- HTML & CSS
- I hand code all HTML & CSS. I use multiple CSS frameworks and organizational/templating tools such as Bootstrap, Basscss, Bulma, MDL, SASS, Twig, Assetic, and more.
- Responsive Design & Site Optimization
- Mobile friendly design, website speed and optimization, and SEO best practices.
- Layout & Image Design
- I use Photoshop to create images that compliment layout and design theories needed for a complete user experience. I can completely create a client's branding from logos, flyers, business cards, website, ecommerce, and beyond.
- Focusing almost exclusively in Object-Oriented approaches, I am knowledgable in many areas of PHP including Security, SPL Libraries, Image Manipulation, Large Data Processing, External API's, and more.
- I am Elasticsearch certified, with strong knowledge on building search engines into your custom website using your data to serve what your customers are looking for.
- MySQL & Redis
- Experience with both relational and key-value databases. For Mysql PDO and Doctrine DQL, design, searching, sorting, relationships, cache, and more.
- Apache & Nginx
- Knowledge in Apache and Nginx, they are both good cantidates depending on the use-case.
- CentOS is my go-to OS, but I also have experience with Ubuntu and debian based systems. Installing & managing packages, cron jobs, system resource monitoring and more.
Nice Things I Also Know
- Integration of Filemaker PHP API with a functional PHP website.
- Google APIs & Services
- Google PageSpeed Module, Google Maps, Authentication, IMAP, YouTube, Analytics & more.
- Love For Technology
- Stacks just aren't complete without some love (and maybe some syrup and butter).